Financial Services Guide

The financial services that are offered in this Financial Services Guide (“FSG”) are provided by:

ABN: 28 118 001 415
AFS Licence No.: 307107
Level 4, 309 George Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
t: 1300 00 2481

This FSG sets out the services that we can offer you.
It is designed to assist you in deciding whether to use any of those services and contains important information about:

  • The services we offer you;
  • How we and our associates are paid
  • Any potential conflict of interest we may have
  • Our internal and external dispute resolution procedures and how you can access them
  • Arrangements that are in place to compensate clients for losses.

General Advice Warning

Any information provided at all is done so on the basis of General Advice only, does not take into account any of your business or personal objectives, requirements, financial legal or statutory situation or needs, is only valid at the time it is provided and does not constitute any form of ongoing advice, warranty or future performance. All insurance policies have their limitations and it is important that you read all of the information provided, including but not limited to, the policy schedule, policy wording/product disclosure statement, including the terms, conditions, endorsements and exclusions carefully and that you ensure that the policy terms, conditions, endorsements and exclusions are appropriate for your needs. We do not provide any legal, financial or taxation advice at all and you must seek your own independent advice in that regard, any other professional advice you see fit. If you have any concerns or queries at all about any information provided now or during the period of insurance, please advise II-A.


Product Disclosure Statement (*Retail Clients only)

If you are a retail client and we offer to arrange the issue of an insurance policy to you, we will also provide you with, or pass on to you, a product disclosure statement (PDS) or short-form PDS. The PDS or short-form PDS will contain information about the particular policy, which will enable you to make an informed decision about purchasing that policy.


From when does this Financial Service Guide (FSG) apply?

This FSG applies from 20th October 2020, and remains valid unless a further FSG is issued to replace it.


How can you give II-A instuctions?

You can contact II-A to give II-A instructions by post, phone or email on the contact details mentioned at the top of this page.


Who is responsible for the financial services provided?

ii-A is responsible for the financial services that will be provided to you or through you to your family members, including the distribution of this FSG. The contact details for ii-A are at the top of this page. The distribution of this FSG by II-A is authorised by ii-A.


What kinds of financial services are we authorised to provide and what kinds of financial product/s do those services relate to?

II-A is authorised under ii-A’s Australian Financial Services License to provide financial product advice and deal in general insurance products for wholesale and retail clients. We will do this on your behalf as your general insurance broker unless we tell you otherwise.


If II-A ever act under a binder arrangement, which means we have authority to issue policies as an agent for the insurer, rather than acting for you, we will inform you of this arrangement.


Contractual Liability and your insurance cover

Many commercial or business contracts contain clauses dealing with your liability (including indemnities or hold harmless clauses). Such clauses may entitle your insurers to reduce cover, or in some cases, refuse to indemnify you at all. You should seek legal advice before signing and accepting contracts. You should inform II-A of any clauses of this nature before you enter into them, as they may need to be referred to your insurers for their further consideration.


No Financial, Legal or Taxation Advice

Our duty as a general insurance broker does not extend to giving financial, legal or taxation advice. You must consult your own appropriate professionals in that regard.


What information does II-A maintain about you and how can you access it?

II-A maintains a record of your personal profile including details of insurance policies that we arrange for you. II-A may also maintain records of any information or general advice given to you. II-A will retain this FSG and any other FSG given to you as well as any PDS or short-form PDS that we give or pass on to you for the period required by law.


ii-A are committed to implementing and promoting a privacy policy, which will ensure the privacy and security of your personal information. ii-A has taken the appropriate action to ensure we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) and have established a Privacy Policy. A copy of our privacy policy is available on request, or at


If you wish to access your file, please ask II-A. We will make arrangements for you to do so.


How will you pay for the services provided?

Payment for the services we provide you are payable directly to ii-A. For each insurance product, the insurer will charge a premium that includes any relevant taxes, charges and levies. ii-A will receive a payment based on a percentage of this premium (excluding relevant taxes, charges and levies) called commission, which is paid to ii-A by the insurers.


In some cases, we may also charge you a broker fee. This will be shown on the invoice that is sent to you. The invoice provides methods of payment for our services and details of payment terms.  


If there is a refund or reduction of your premium as a result of a cancellation or alteration to a policy, or based on a term of your policy (such as a premium adjustment provision), we will retain any fee we have charged you. ii-A will retain any commission that was paid to them by the insurer for the policy. Ii-A may also charge you a cancellation fee.


Non-payment of premium within applicable time frames could result in the insurer cancelling the contract of insurance or charging a penalty premium for time on risk.


If you pay II-A your premium it will be banked into ii-A’s trust account. ii-A will retain the commission from the premium you pay II-A and remit the balance to the insurer in accordance with ii-A’s arrangements with the insurer. ii-A will earn interest on the premium while it is in their trust account. ii-A will retain any interest earned on the premium.


If you require assistance from II-A with a claim which requires an unexpected and significant amount of time or expertise, we reserve the right to make an additional charge for it. Any charges will be agreed with you before we provide the services so you always know how much you will be required to pay.


How are any commissions, fees or other benefits calculated for providing the financial services?

The commission the Insurer pays to ii-A will be calculated based on the formula:


P x Y% = X.


In this formula:-


P = the amount you pay for any insurance policy (less any government fees or charges included in that amount).


Y% = the percentage commission paid to ii-A by the Insurer.


X = ii-A's commission. ii-A's commission varies between 0 and 30%.


We may also charge you a broker fee in addition to commission when you enter into an insurance policy. The amount of the fee will depend on the complexity of the services we are providing. The amount of any broker fee charged will be shown on your invoice.


Our employees that will assist you with your insurance needs will be paid a market salary.


We may pay commissions or fees to others who refer you to II-A. If we do, we will pay commissions to those people out of the commission and fees passed to II-A by ii-A (not in addition to those amounts), in the range of 0 to 20% of our commission or fees.



What should I do if I have a complaint?

If you have any complaints about the service provided to you, you should contact your Authorised Representative about your complaint. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, please contact ii-A’s Complaints Officer:

T: 1300 00 2481


P: Complaints Officer, ii-A

GPO Box 2481, Sydney NSW 2001

We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.

ii-A is a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by II-A you have the right to refer the matter to AFCA who can be contacted on:

T: 1800 931 678



What arrangements are in place to compensate clients for losses?

ii-A have a Professional Indemnity policy in place. The PI policy covers ii-A’s employees, its contractors and it’s Authorised Representatives for claims made against them by clients as a result of their conduct in the provision of financial services.


The PI policy will cover ii-A and II-A for claims relating to the conduct of representatives who no longer work with II-A, in respect of the Financial Services provided under ii-A’s Australian Financial Services License.


Any Questions?

If you have any further questions about the financial services we provide, please contact II-A on phone number 1300 00 2481. Please retain this document for your reference and any future dealings with II-A.